View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 07:40 PM   #1
Porsche Chick

Are You "The Joneses"?

So you've heard the expression "keeping up with the Joneses" right? (For those outside of the US, it's the tendency of people to admire, then try to copy, what other people do).

Hubs and I each have our own P-cars, purchased used, we both drive and enjoy them. Now our neighbors, who I can't actually stand (long story ), have gone out and bought a new Cayman. Interestingly, they don't seem to drive it. At all. They also didn't do the traditional "sit in the garage and stare at it's beauty", which I think we all did when our Porsches were new. It just sits there.

We mentioned this to our accountant who told us about a friend of his who bought some kind of fancy Audi (I dunno what kind). It was one of only two of this particular model in the entire state. Then his neighbor went out and bought the exact same car.

Has this happened to you? Did your neighbors and friends buy Porsches after seeing yours?