Thread: RoW M030 Kit
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 09:00 AM   #9
V-Rod
Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeboy981 View Post
V-Rod,

You getting a year's worth of repairs done at once?

I understand about the suspension and bearings. They are together but then you migrated to the IMS, RMS, etc. seems far from the corners of the car.

Did you get it in the air and just decide to do it all?

BTW, if you have not already, get an exhaust system….you will not have to do the speakers for a while after that!
Homeboy,

That is exactly what happened. Oh forgot to include the brand new battery a few days before heading into the shop. Yeah, when I had the new tires mounted, I also wanted to do an alignment after, but then thought why do an alignment before I consider the suspension, so did the suspension while the row m030 was still a deal. That lead to wheel bearings and then to IMS bearing, which led me to a new clutch kit and RMS. One of the toe arms was a bit worn so a pair of those were in order which prompted the inspection of the motor mount. Well while the vehicle was getting so much attention it only seemed prudent to change all fluids and filters. Yeah, I started out with what I thought was a 2k - 3k seasonal maintenance and it turned into a one time introductory initiation which should keep me on a reasonable annual maintenance plan for the next few years.

As for the exhaust, well right now I like the sound. Both of my bikes (I sold my Harley-Davidson/Porsche 2005 Screaming Eagle CVO V-Rod) have custom exhausts and air intakes with DynoJet Power Commanders. They have spent a few runs each on the dyno being tuned to the perfect power and torque curves. Last year I had my Road Kings engine rebuilt and it is now a different animal.

I do not like affecting the exhaust with out modifying the air intake. And I do not like messing with both of these unless I am also addressing the air fuel mixing. I have not researched enough or heard of a chip or EFI re-programer that can tweak this. Most here have stated that you can only get a little more out of a base 2.5 after spending a lot of $$.
2008 Land Rover LR3 Alaska White/Alpaca
2012 Honda Odyssey Touring Dk Grey/Lt Grey
V-Rod is offline   Reply With Quote