View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 08:21 AM   #16
Overdrive
Opposed to Subie Burble

Garage
as insite said, the US version simply kept the ride height the same. From what I'm told, the M030 setup makes for a slightly stiffer ride, but is still daily driveable compared to any of the other options out there, and at what's a good price today as opposed to the several thousand dollars it was as a new option on the car 15 years ago. I intend to go this route, but I'm settling on getting the RoW version. I'm ok with the slight lowering, as it's less than an inch, and I called Suncoast about it a while back. They can get you a US version, but they'd have to do it in pieces because the US version is no longer sold as a kit like the RoW is. If they had to do that, it was easily going to surpass the RoW kit price to the tune of $1500+, so I decided to abandon the US spec venture. Your only other option is to get lucky and find someone selling a used US spec M030, and it's not really worth it to buy someone's tired suspension setup just because you don't want to lower the car 3/4 of an inch.

As others have recommended, go with the M030. It's what I plan to do for my car, and right now it really is the best bang for the buck that won't collapse your spine.

1997 Arctic Silver Boxster, 5-spd
IMSR + RMS
Robbins glass window top

Last edited by Overdrive; 04-19-2013 at 08:25 AM.
Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote