View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 07:05 AM   #4
Overdrive
Opposed to Subie Burble

Garage
Yes you do, aclark133. It's totally worth it. And Dragonwind, you'll have some competition with that 944, as there are a few of them that show up regularly and are quite good, but competitiveness aside, it's just fun to go out there and throw the car around in ways you simply couldn't do on the street and stay out of handcuffs or a coffin. I've been absolutely hooked since I started a year ago, and I'm seeing more and more what my car can do. Heck, bring your Boxster!

I have a pic of the course map, and I should have some pics from the event to post up tonight since I have a little time. You guys can also go onto cvrpca(dot)org to check out the results, schedule, and rules.

Just to let you know, as a Porsche owner you can simply show and run even without being a PCA memeber. However, it will cost you the full $35 per event (and that's per drive, not per car, in case you planned to have anyone else take the wheel along with you). For PCA memebers it is $30, and they have little rewards for folks who show up to the events regularly. You can drive your other vehicles (no pure race cars and no trucks/jeeps/suvs, though) as well, so you don't always have to bring your Porsche.

Also, as a PCA member you're allowed to bring up to 2 guests to run at each event, and they don't need to have Porsches. I've had friends with a Miata, an M3, a few with Subarus, and even a Lincoln Mark VII (yes, really) come and run their cars and have a blast. It's quite addictive, and in the grand scheme of things, a cheap way to have fun with your car.

Everybody is very friendly and helpful, nobody gets so competitive that they won't give each other some advice to improve. Come try one out and see what you think. That's what I did, and the next month I signed up for the PCA.

I'll throw some stuff up from this month's event later tonight.

1997 Arctic Silver Boxster, 5-spd
IMSR + RMS
Robbins glass window top
Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote