View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 12:47 PM   #6
Dino944

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcomet View Post
I got to do a quick drive in a 981 today. I sadly didn't really focus on much speed as the sales person was yacking away and there was traffic. I did get to play with PDK (definitely prefer MT still) and the steering... the latter electronic steering felt totally dead to me compared to the 986. I am used to elec steering on my 2008 Scion xD. (which is similar). Still it was surprising to me how much I noticed it. Overall the car feels bigger and more luxurious...and less raw. Looks amazing, but I was less impressed than I thought at least initially. Anyone else have this experience?
Did you drive an 981S or regular 981? My wife and I drove a 981S and overall we were both very impressed with its performance. Also, I think it looks more exotic than a 986 or 987. The steering didn't really bother me. My main issue was the interior seemed more like what I'd expect on an Audi than a Porsche. A friend who owns a 2011 Boxster Spyder, also drove a 981S and thought it was really impressive, and he liked the interior more than I did. However, he thought his Spyder still felt more agile, and he preferred the back end treatment of the Spyder.
Dino944 is offline   Reply With Quote