View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 09:30 AM   #10
kodabear

I would send your stock units to Bilstein USA for rebuild. much cheaper than new units and they will revalve them for you if you want for a reasonable fee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rah rah 986 View Post
Hi all,

I need to replace the original, leaking, rear struts on my 98 boxter. The most bang for the buck seems to be the row M030 which runs about 1100.00, includes 4 struts, 4 springs, and two stabilizer bars. I haven't found any combination of products that cost any less, so I have set this as the max that I will pay. It is important to note that I am interested in a comfortable ride as opposed to increased performance, and, I am satisfied with the stock appearance, so lowering the car isn't important to me; although I am not opposed to it.

My 1st question is, will the row m030 suspension be close to stock in ride and appearance? Is it well suited for a daily driver?

Another option is to simply replace the individual struts with a "heavy duty" bilstein. These would average about $200 per corner. (Without springs). From what I have read
these might offer the most comfortable ride. If I were to choose this option, would it be ok to keep the original springs. I know the stock springs are compatable with the bilstein heavy duties. I just wonder if the car's 65,000 miles have worn them out. If I do need to replace the springs, what would be a good choice. All the aftermarket springs that I have have seen are designed to lower the car which would not be ideal for the bilstein heavy dutys.

Any comments from those who have the row m030 would be appreciated, as well as any opinions or advice....Thanks!
kodabear is offline   Reply With Quote