View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 05:37 AM   #116
DEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernstar View Post
DEye, if you think that the Mini had better handling than the Boxster (or an M3), you are alone if that belief. The lower center of gravity, lower roll center, wider track all contribute to better handling on the sporsts cars. Sure, if you had incredible tires on the Mini it might generate higher skid pad numbers - but that does not equate with handling and certainly not in the real world. Anyway, good luck with your purchase. Enjoy!

Brad
I'm not saying that the MINI has better overall handling that the M3 or Boxster, I said turn in What does turn-in mean? - Ask.cars.com was better.
What makes a car *better* handling and fun to drive are quite subjective things...
A car might look good on paper but Nobody likes it enough to make it financially viable to produce so it dies...

I am not a Race Car Driver, but I've been participating in organized Motorsports activities for the last 12 years, AutoCross, Lapping days etc.. So it learned a lot and one of the things I've have learned is that even the same car can get different comments based on what the driver expects and their driving style.
Some aspects of a cars performance are not subjective It has HP, braking abilities, specific suspension geometry that affect how *you* perceive the car performs.
My personal perception of how the MINI responds to directional inputs initiated by my turning the steering wheel vs. the Boxster's I've driven are X you can try to convince me that you feel it is Y because it is somewhat subjective and personal... That's why there are so many cars for us to buy and enjoy because we all like some variety and perceive them differently.

Sorry - I don't see any Boxster's on this List ?
http://www.motortrend.com/features/laguna_lap
Just a Caymen S a half second behind the Mustang ?
http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/laguna_seca.html
Behind 31/32 but tied at 37/ 38 ?

Have fun and maybe well meet on the track fellow Ontarion
You've seen my car, What Porsche are you driving ?

Last edited by DEye; 04-17-2013 at 05:54 AM.
DEye is offline   Reply With Quote