View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 03:20 PM   #10
sam c.

Quote:
Originally Posted by particlewave View Post
Nothing wrong with installing it on your street car...until you are wondering why your AC isn't as cold as you'd like in the sweltering heat or why your car is running hot and dumping antifreeze.

Personally, I trust the engineers at Porsche. At least, all except for the guy that designed the IMSB
No worries. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I've had one on my car for a little over a month now and have put about 3000 mi on it in all possible driving conditions from long idles in stop and go traffic in 90° ambient heat to hour long blasts at triple digit speeds.

Other then a peppier and freer feeling engine, about the only effect I've noticed is a 3 mpg gain at highway speeds.

As for the ac, I really couldnt say what effect it has on that system because I control it with the + and - buttons on the dash. lol. If the underdrive pulley results in me having to push the + button one more time that i would have had to otherwise, so be it.

Are the results minor? Sure. I was guessing around the 8 HP mark which is in the same neighborhood as ur 5 HP guess. Regardless, I felt like it was worth it to me so each to his own I guess.

As for trusting Porsche engineers... I'm of the opposite opinion. Idk who designed this drive train but if their mission was to create the most ridiculous, finicky, and failure prone system possible, I'd say they could go ahead and break out the "mission accomplished" banner. I would consider damn near anything a Porsche engineer tells me to be highly suspect just based on this car.
sam c. is offline   Reply With Quote