View Single Post
Old 01-06-2006, 09:59 AM   #19
Ghostrider 310
Ex Esso kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBoxster
Hi,

Without being judgemental, I think it's safe to say that Ghostrider 310 just doesn't get it.

He may not like the Corvette, which is of course his right to choose, I suspect that he isn't as familiar or current with them as he may think.

To try and malign the 'Vette to bolster or affirm his choice of Porsche over Covette simply lacks substance.

Brucelee makes a good point about the validity of camparing a near 20 y.o. 'Vette to a 21st Century Porsche.

But, do a reliability survey between 2000+ Boxsters vs 2000+ Corvettes. The results may surprise many people. This was the single biggest factor in my recommending the 'Vette over the Boxster.

It's really all opinion anyway, and an easy one at that when it's not your money which is being Plunked Down...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
The comparison was between an 83 vette and 83 944, the vette lost in the slalom to a 944, so did a 928 and a 308 Ferrari ..It was an article I read which was a repost from R&T I think. I'm well aware that the current Vette can run with it's contemporaries, if you guys like em, go for it...The other dude posted that the 84 vette was the fastest production car that year, I still maintain that it wasn't..

Last edited by Ghostrider 310; 01-06-2006 at 10:04 AM.
Ghostrider 310 is offline   Reply With Quote