View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 05:31 PM   #10
LAP1DOUG

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetty1 View Post
How would one go about raising it back up to stock? This is my car, son also posting Since prior owner performed this I have no idea what one does to lower so don't know how to reverse it? 101 projects book?

Thanks Jetty
If the non-stock suspension is coilovers, then the spring perches will have threaded adjustable collars than can be turned to raise the ride height back up normal. There are special wrenches for this, but some people also use a punch or screw driver and hammer. If they are present, there will be two threaded rings, with the bottom ring acting like a locking nut against the top ring.

The Porsche shop manual has specifications for ride height measured from certain struts and fasteners on the bottom of the car. It would be meaningless to repeat here without diagrams. From what I have found, the distance measured from the wheel center directly up to the wheel arch should be at least 14", and the rear should be slightly more than the front.

If you don't have coilovers, then the P.O. must have just changed the springs, which you will now need to change back.

986S
991S
Van Diemen RF97
LAP1DOUG is offline   Reply With Quote