View Single Post
Old 01-06-2006, 06:09 AM   #9
rteichman

About 20 years ago I had the same decision to make. At that point it was the "new" Corvette or the new 944. While that was a long time ago and they were 2 different cars from the C6/Boxster there are a lot of similarities. I bought the vette because unless I was willing to pay $5,000 over list (on a $19,000 car) I would have to wait a year for the 944.

18 months later I wanted to trade the vette for a 944 turbo. Why? The 944 was more fun to drive. As a Miata owner I think you can appreciate the "fun factor". Its not the power nor the skid pad numbers, but the "feel". Back then the vette out accelerated, had a higher top speed and could negotiate curves faster than the 944. But the 944 was more fun to drive. I never did buy that 944 because my new wife was against me spending money on cars, and I always regreted it.

I think that still holds true today for the C6/Boxster comparison. So now as a fellow Miata owner I am in the market for a Boxster to replace my trusty old Miata (the divorce also factors into that LOL). I drove the C6, its one hell of a car, but I think the Boxster is more "fun". With any luck I will be buying a Boxster next week (I had hoped to get it this week :-( ).

You should also pay heed to what people say about longevity. Ride in a 10 year old vette and then in a 10 year old Porsche. Especially comming from a Miata, I think you will be sorely disappointed in the shakes and rattles of the vette.
rteichman is offline   Reply With Quote