View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 02:33 PM   #4
Overdrive
Opposed to Subie Burble

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by haste View Post
How to grow up and reliaze my car is old?
Remind yourself that there are very likely at least two similar sized dents on several other surfaces under the car from numerous pieces of debris from 15 years of life on the road.

Mine has tons of dings and chips from rocks and things like that on the nose. My trunk lid has several spots where it looks like someone took a punch to the inside of the lid because the thing is paper thin compared to the lid of just about any other car on the planet. Something must have been bouncing around in there before I bought it, or something was put in there that didn't quite fit and the lid was forced to close on it.

I simply try not to obsess over the car. It still runs, drives, and puts a smile on my face when I take turns. The more I drive it, the more likely I am to acquire imperfections. Now while the one you're talking about didn't likely come from driving, it's in a spot where 99.9% of people who get excited when they see your car won't be looking, enjoy just how mint the rest of the car is, and do your best to keep it that way.

No if you happen to take a good-sized rock gouge to that particular rocker panel (hopefully never happens), then you'd have an excuse to get this fixed along with that.

1997 Arctic Silver Boxster, 5-spd
IMSR + RMS
Robbins glass window top
Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote