View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 01:19 PM   #12
Overdrive
Opposed to Subie Burble

Garage
For the record, having been a part of this forum for a good number of years, I'd say a majority of Mark_T's posts have been something that's been helpful or at least informative to someone, or been a part of a discussion to that effect. There's no need to come into the forum with the gloves off already just because someone wanted to make sure you weren't being lazy. You didn't state in your first post that you did do a search and couldn't find anything on this particular oil, so the question to you about attempting a search was justified. I would have done the same if I'd caught this thread first, because there really are hundreds of posts in dozens of threads on this. No one is trolling here, so relax.

There is never a straight, simple answer to oil questions, because opinions get thrown in along with "facts" on paper, so you're bound to get as many opinions as you will get quantified responses. One thing that has been pointed out that is pretty legitimate advice is to change your oil at least every 5000 miles (sorry, I don't know the equivalent km offhand), and if you don't do that many kms in a year, then at least once a year regardless of the mileage. I've never heard of the oil you're talking about, and we don't have as many international members on here as we do US members, but maybe one of them will chime in if they see this and know about it. It could be that this is simply a different name for a similar oil here in the US. Again, as others have said though, it's more important that, whatever you use, you change it frequently enough that it will do its job of protecting your engine.

1997 Arctic Silver Boxster, 5-spd
IMSR + RMS
Robbins glass window top
Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote