View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 09:59 AM   #12
aclark133

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernstar View Post
Understood - and it sounds as if you care a great deal for both cars (the LN upgrade and the comment about rain making that clear re: the Porsche). I guess it depends upon the amount and type of mileage that you will putting on. If it is primarily city stop and go with questionable parking lots, I suspect that you will hate watching the wear and tear (and parking lot knicks and dings) on one of your babies. Yes, 50 cents a mile will likely keep up with the additional mechanical maintenance (and likely your increased insurance rates if your annual mileage increases significantly), but the cosmetic wear and tear will be another matter.

In addition, your employer may be reluctant to allow you to use an older Porsche for employment purposes. Remember, they may be partly liable for damage/injury to third parties in the case of an accident in the course of your employment....

Brad
This is what I was looking for. I primarily go to secluded areas, it's different every week. I'm a service and application engineer for a tool presetting company. Both cars have their share of little dings, especially the vw.

Maybe I will end up keeping all three and not tell the boss which car I drive, since the office is in Michigan and I'm not
aclark133 is offline   Reply With Quote