View Single Post
Old 01-05-2006, 06:40 PM   #1
FromMiata2Boxster

Please Help Me Out - Boxster or C6 Corvette?

Yes, I know this is a Boxster general discussion group and of course the bias would be for that car. I have been lurking for a while and enjoy reading this forum, so I thought I would ask a sincere question, looking for some objective (and subjective) opinions/advice. OK - here goes:

I have been driving Mazda Miatas for years and it's time for an upgrade! I lust after both the Porsche and C6. I think the C6 is drop dead georgous, and the one test drive I took last summer nearly sold me. I do feel the car might be more powerful than I would ever need and might even be too powerful for me. ("might"). The Boxster is also very sexy, is clearly less powerful and is smaller, and handles like it is on rails! For me, the choice is a matter of money, how much enjoyment I would get from either car, the reliability and cost of maintenance, and which would be less likely to get me into "trouble" I wouldn't mind the extra muscle on the Corvette, but remember - I am used to driving a Miata!

I can get an untitled 2005 Boxster (base) for $46K with some decent options. ($7K off MSRP). I believe I can get a reasonably equipped '05 Vette coupe for a bit more money upfront... so the Vette would be more money, but probably not a lot more.

OK - that's the basics. Again, I am looking for comments that will help me consider your experiences, as well as points I haven't thought of in making my choice. Thanks again for any help!

Doug
FromMiata2Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote