View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 07:05 PM   #9
sam c.

OK, so quick update... Met Tim (who's a very cool dude!) in SLC and we ran my CEL codes. Nothing remarkable or relevant. Just a couple of emission related checks that appeared a couple of weeks previous when I pulled it out of winter storage. Stale gas or some other such thing. Anyway, we cleared the codes, then spent a half hour chatting Porsche talk.

I left his shop and drove home 3 hours north. In the rain. With the top down (because it still wouldn't function).

Recent Progress:
I decided to go after the one problem that seemed to occur right before the anti theft lock down - the passenger side power window shi tting the bed.

When I took the door panel off today, the cable had come off the rear upper pulley and the cable inside the spool behind the motor was all kinds of tangled and deranged.

Got it pretty well straightened out and respooled but finally said to hell with it and ordered a new regulator. I figured with as kinked up as the wire cable is in so many different spots, Id probably just run into further problems down the road anyway. Solution: replaced the whole regulator component. It should be here Thursday or Friday.

Edit: in case anyone was curious, the entire regulator cost me $130 and thats new rails, cables, etc.

Last edited by sam c.; 04-08-2013 at 07:14 PM.
sam c. is offline   Reply With Quote