View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 10:28 AM   #6
Skrapmot

The Motorola HX1 is by far the best noise canceling headset. It has two modes, but the best one uses an inner ear sensor that will transmit sound from your inner ear bones. It sounds a little muffled to the receiver but absolutely blocks out background wind noise as the mics are turned off. I keep it in my car just for top down conversations. I paid about $150 but I believe these have been discontinued due to poor sales. That's probably is due to the inner ear sensor feels weird (it goes pretty far in and it is tiring to wear for long periods) and the price. They probably can be found on eBay for much less.
Other headsets I have are the Jawbone headsets, I've had every one since the original, and the latest is the Era ($130) which is pretty good, and will work around town speeds but not as good as the HX1 on the freeway unless you drive slower and talk loud and clear. Also fit is subjective. The great thing about the jawbone is it is A2DP which allows you to listen to music /podcast/GPS from your phone when not on a call thru the headset. It also it pretty loud and easy to hear with a lot of background noise. I use this for directions from the GPS when in the car with other people, or listening to music at work or shopping.
Skrapmot is offline   Reply With Quote