View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 08:06 AM   #17
Perfectlap

Boxster Spec. You are probably over due in moving up to the next level if you feel racing and not just DE cups, time trials, cone dodging, etc is the fastest way for you to get to the top of your skill set.
And there is no more cost effective way of racing a Porsche. With the absurd prices for the 991, GT3 and variants many people will be looking at Bosxter racing and 996 Cup Cars as better value options for Sunday recreation.

For the street I would go a cars and coffee route with an antique Porsche or 964/993. Personally I think the 964 feels tighter not as mushy. The 993 is a bit more street oriented. Either way These cars hold value, are straightforward project cars for people with good wrench skill and if done well a restored racy'ish/RS 911 will be a piece of cake to sell without bleeding value like all the 996/997/991. And since you live in LA I would add one of those 356 with the fat Hoosiers to the list.

For me since I'm no Carrera softee the lack of mid engine options have me thinking about other brands and possibly skipping midengine altogether. The new Corvette with a "get your taxes back" sort of GM financing sounds compelling. As does their far friendlier attitude for track use. A lot about Porsche has left me a bit less enthusiastic about rushing into another one.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 04-08-2013 at 08:20 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote