View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 09:33 AM   #8
The Radium King

if the insurance company writes-off your car they then own the car, no? so, you would have to buy it back from them. probably, by the time you buy it off them and get a roller to drop all your go-fast parts into, you've spent all your insurance money and lost the season.

whatever you decide to do for a dedicated track car, it will use-up all of your insurance $. I don't think there is any way to make a street car and a track car out of your insurance money.

so, how about other street/track compromises that get you more performance. I *think* blue was alluding to an elise, as he is a recent convert and just hangs out here because Porsche owners are better company than lotus owners. GT3 or corvette are also good compromises. any way you slice it you are more money into the game, however.

you could build a street/track GT boxster that you could also door to door race. I think a safety design cage is pca approved, and the front hoops and door bars are removable for street driving. then you just need hood pins and elec disconnect. in gt it's a weight/displacement game so you'll always have a class. reducing weight and increasing displacement can happen as the car evolves. certainly get you to the bottom of the pile with lots of room to grow your driving and your car.
The Radium King is offline   Reply With Quote