View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 08:07 PM   #7
Topless
Track rat

Garage
Day 2-
250 Porsches on the grid between Pirelli GT3 Cup, Club Racing and Time Trials. The parking lot was packed with cars, 50 years of 911 display was very cool and they did parade laps with all the cars at lunch.

I chatted with Eric and Evan from HRG and the blurple GT Boxster RSR is a work of art that happens to also be blisteringly fast! I love the new Morelli inspired CF top.

In TT the competition is close. My brother had me all day Friday so I replaced the sandbagger street tires with NT-01s and managed to pull ahead by 3/10ths. Tomorrow all the cards are on the table and a 1:58 is possible if a clean lap is driven well. There are a dozen Boxster Spec cars from NorCal, SoCal and AZ there and many are being driven very well.

The bad news: A couple friends failed to follow the first rule in racing: "Just don't hit stuff." and they both clipped a tire barrier which sent them into the wall at 110mph. Both drivers are ok but the cars look totalled. Bummer

The beer wagon was well attended by all Porsche drivers and many exotic varieties were to be sampled.

Game on Sunday!