Thread: Question?
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 07:30 PM   #2
Timco
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by More View Post
After reading the "Red Line" thread in this forum earlier today I decided to give my car a push especially in 2nd gear and then late this evening the car starts to make this weird sound in 2nd gear only almost like the sound of a Tractor accelerating or the sound of water dripping in a empty plastic bucket really fast.

Any ideas of what's going on here?

Only in second? Only at one RPM range? Does the noise change with speed or if clutch is in? Sounds trans and not engine at least.

This is why I never pushed it. I know they are made to run hard, and if maintained will do so, but they are used, with a few owners and no account of how hard or easy they were driven and if basic repairs were made. Mine needed tires, brakes, clutch, trans leak, bearings, and so on....so how or why should I trust every oil change was prompt? It runs very, very smooth, and does very well up to 6k but I'm not wanting or planning on pushing past that. Just no need. Hope this is something small.
Timco is offline   Reply With Quote