View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 02:06 PM   #5
boxster7614

you can sand them down, call around there are people that due this for a living. I've done it on mine and its a lot of work, there is a very hard coating that most people just try using a cheap polishing kit they buy at local autoparts store,which does not get through the hard coat surface( or they don't use enough elbowgrease, it is VERY hard!). Once you have sanded through the hard coating 400g it will be very opaque and you will think you have ruined your lights. You will then wet sand various grains 800,1000,1500,2000 ect...until down to 3000. Then use a polishing compound.

Here is the kicker, the hard coating is the UV protectant that will need to be replaced or the light will yellow very quickly if you dont keep polishing them every week.

I used this product SEM Solaray

SEM Products :: Solaray UV Headlight Repair

I think there is even a youtube video demo out there if you search.
SEM does not recomend using a polishing compound so I stopped at 3000
This cures using a $300 UV lamp, but there is plenty of UV in sunlight to cure it. I just set mine in the sun for about 30 mins and all done.

This is a lot of work I would just call around, Here its about $60-100 to have your headlights done.

I use to offer this when doing my Black HID retrofitting but its just too much work so I leave the sanding to someone else.

There are not replacement lens available aside from buying a new light and chances are all used lights are pitted just the same as yours.
boxster7614 is offline   Reply With Quote