View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 08:50 AM   #2
mountainman

Garage
Stephen, I live just off the blue ridge parkway, 2 hours from charlotte and about 2 1/2 hours from the dragon. Always up for a trip to the dragon and can show you some great roads in our area equal to or better than the dragon without the congestion and cops on the dragon. You do not want to do the dragon on a weekend. Only time to run it is 6 or 7 am on a weekday before law enforcement and the crowds of bikes arrive. You will want to also do the cherohala skyway at the same time. If you need it we have a spare bedroom and our local PCA is doing a drive/dine/brewery tasting on the 11th that you would be welcome to join. I also have a pretty well stocked garage and lift if you have need. Call me anytime at 828 385 3100 if any of this is of interest.
Fontana resort is the best place to stay near the dragon, but a bit pricy. Next best option is robbinsville, nc or tellico plains. My wife and I plan a lot of drives for different groups all around the area and we can show you some great roads. bob

Last edited by mountainman; 04-05-2013 at 08:55 AM.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote