View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 05:52 PM   #7
Johnny Danger

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccstud17 View Post
Ckrikos: I talked with Armando for about an hour talking about price of not having those top vents, the price would have been too much. they used to make it without the vents like the red one pictured on their page, but that one was the first one they made and its actually fiberglass, so for urethane they'd need a brand new mold.

J.D: we will see when i get the car back if there is anyway i can adjust the mounting position to fill the gap. The install was by the Porsche dealer and i have a feeling they didnt try real hard to fill the gap. bumper is not from them so they can do a quick install and move on with all blame falling on GT3tek. Also after this wreck I will always use poly on the front bumper. Smashed the piss out of the front end on a curb yet only damage to bumper was the cracked paint! then again, if you dont use the Dmobile as a battering ram, then fiberglass would be just fine lol

Jfro: love that look, and luckily out here in CO they dont mind me not having a front plate
Good luck on the refit. It may be that the dealership didn't put the time and effort in. On the issue of fiberglass, I agree that it doesn't handle impact very well. That aside, it can be shaped to make a perfect fit every time. And for individuals like you and me who are super OCD - that's critical !