View Single Post
Old 01-03-2006, 04:37 PM   #19
boxstter

How long have you been running the GS-D3's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan
Boxsitter: In regards to your question which originated this thread, for what it is worth I purchased P-Zero's last year from Tire Rack for my Mercedes "C" based on Tire Rack's ratings, and I love them. Of course, I was looking for an Ultra High Performance All-Season type tire for this car. However for my '01 Boxster "S" I have Tire Rack's highest ranked (Customer Survey) Max Performance summer tire, the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3. These tires came new on my "S" when I purchased it, so I can't compare them with the other tires mentioned, but I can tell you that they have been excellent performers for me so far. I have always enjoyed Tire Rack's reviews and place a lot of confidence in their surveys of various tires.

Ken
I assume you bought your 01 boxster used since these tires were new but I don't see them listed anywhere as an N spec tire. How is the tread wear? Noise? I keep teetering back and forth as to weather an N spec tire will make that much of a difference in ride and performance. None of my other vehicles are performance oriented and generally speaking I just get something middle of the road aka best value for the money for the particular car but with the Boxster I am enjoying the quality of driving so much I don't want to mess things up and at roughly $1000 - $1200 that could be a costly mistake.
boxstter is offline   Reply With Quote