View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 08:36 PM   #7
jaykay

"I find it interesting that the Bilstein PSS9 setup doesn't suggest new anti roll bars (at least I haven't found anything suggesting it does). If we assume it gets to the same roll control as the ROW 030 setup, then the PSS9 must be much stiffer in pitch than the factory setup. Driving down the street, the PSS9 should bob up and down much more than the 030. Maybe you like that sort of thing, maybe you don't. Bear in mind that race tracks in Europe are smoother than ones in the US (generally), so the PSS9 might work really well in Europe but not as well in the US. I don't mean to rag on the PSS9, since I'm sure it's excellent in its own right, but one just needs to understand what it is they're handing over their Benjamins for.

My 944 Turbo had Koni coil overs front and just heavier rear torsion bars. If I wanted to adjust front/rear springing, I could swap out the front spring. It had Koni shocks all around, so if I wanted to adjust transient behavior, no problem. And I stuck to M030 anti roll bars. So with camber adjustments, I limited the variables to 5: single adjustable (bounce) dampers front and rear, front springs, camber, and rear anti roll bar soft, medium, firm. For the Boxster, it's ROW M030, period. No muss, no fuss."

Sorry just seeing your additional comments here now. You hit the nail on the head with the above. Is there significant anti roll rate incorporated in the PSS9 set-up and if so how much? Will I be loosing my fillings with it on my car ...street or track? What bars are a suitable match? I have been urged to go PSS9 but will be upset if I end up bobbing and weaving down the road. I am doing that now as my stock S dampers are done; too scary over surface changes at speed.

Are you suggesting to go with the ROW M030 bars AND coil overs for the optimum arrangement (Boxster)? Not sure they are going to be making this much longer and sooner later we will all need another set of components....