Thread: car insurance
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2006, 08:45 AM   #8
Perfectlap

we've long had the highest rates in teh country here in NJ. More cars than people, probably the most lawyers per capita and insurance companies practically running the state goverment. When I was in my early 20's I had the means to buy a pretty nice sports car but the insurance was like making payments on a second car. Nearly $5,000 a year with a clean record and good grades.
Nowadays I pay $1800 with Allstate. Geico was going to offer a chepaer policy but charged me a nearly $900 surcharge because of a 4 day supsension involving ONE $40 unpaid parking ticket by an overzealous town court(I was notified by MAIL that my license was suspended, thanks!). I explained to GEICO that the suspesion was not driving related and that I hadn't had a single accident or speeding ticket in over a decade, it was a once a week driver and they could care less. They lumped me with the DUI's, deadbeat father's and reckless drivers.
I sent GEICO an email that they were losing nearly $10K worth of business during my ownership of this Porsche. They sent a standard email response, very stupid business people over there.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 01-03-2006 at 08:48 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote