View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 06:21 AM   #20
koosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche Pete View Post
Not sure about the speedster humps..the Boxster has a great arse as it is..!

Got to consider a clear lights change, They come up on Ebay if u are patient...Paid £350 for the whole lot, brand new in the boxes

SUPERMARKET PETROL; Inferior or Urban myth??
The likes of Tesco etc., I have always avoided this as vehicles i have owned in the past have run awful on it, and a remember someone from the refinery business years ago, telling me to avoid this like the plague..
I have been using Shell VPower in the Boxster, dont want to take any chances..Was using Esso good stuff...but found this is only 97 ron. VPower is 99ron

They recommend 98 ron in the Boxster `S`
thanks for the welcome. the speedster humps were sold on ebay and are now gone.

i cant find the lights for that cheap anywhere! i was thinking of getting the rears painted red as a mate of mines is a painter and i've seen a set he done for his corrado.

i plan on getting some service parts and the likes soon enough so those links will come in handy!

as for petrol, every tanker that serves any petrol station locally and far leaves my work, i'm talking tesco, shell, bp, morrisons, asda, esso, you name it! its all the same stuff that leaves here... however there is speculation that they add stuff when they put them into storage tanks at their stations but i've never had issues using any petrol in any of my cars. my old polo GT used to run better on tesco 99 ron than anything else! even better than shell and BP. i run the boxster on either 95 or 98 as these are both readily availible near me not had any issues at all!

Last edited by koosh; 04-03-2013 at 01:38 AM.
koosh is offline   Reply With Quote