View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 11:00 PM   #12
Skrapmot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jager View Post
thstone,
I believe your insurance company will cover your loss and then go after her insurance company if it was a repair. I'm not sure how it will be handled if they decide to total. I recommend getting a list of Boxsters for sale, same year, similar mileage, to get current values .
That is correct. I have dealt with this issue twice in CA, and just ended up paying my own deductible from my own insurance, and seeking later reimbursement from the other party. Both times I had to go to court for the difference so keep pics , estimates, police reports, etc. I did get the money, eventually...one was a drunk driver and it she made me payments over 6 years! The other paid me immediately on the court day.
One thing i did discover is, don't expect your insurance company to help you much toward getting paid back. I had State Farm and then Geico, and neither seemed very concerned with helping me get reimbursed from the other party.
BTW, I heard a utility poll runs 10k + to replace, depending on what it's hooked up to.

Last edited by Skrapmot; 04-01-2013 at 11:10 PM.
Skrapmot is offline   Reply With Quote