View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 07:07 AM   #15
oc-boxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat Head View Post
What is your problem!! Are my threads taking up to much space on your computer lol. I'm just trying to gain every bit of info I can. That is what these forums are for. There are all types of people talking about failures of the IMS bearings, I just want to hear a few that are not having problems. Negative always gets more attention on the internet. I'm sorry if you don't like my threads, my suggestion........don't read or post in them.
the issue is that people who have not changed their bearing, didnt do so because they know there is not an issue. I was going to chance it and leave mine alone, but my 2002 needed a clutch and when it was all apart, my cover was leaking badly and the bearing in the 3rd stage of failure, there was absolutely no symtoms of this and it is not an item you can easily inspect and make a decision on, it seems you are a bit like me and more on the nervous side, so save some money and just change it, i have enjoyed my car alot more since i had it done. ask yourself, if money were no object when it comes to your new car, would you change it? your low mileage puts you in a higher risk of issues with seal leaks.
oc-boxster is offline   Reply With Quote