View Single Post
Old 01-02-2006, 01:36 AM   #7
olly986

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBoxster
Hi,

When was the last time you changed the Cabin Filter? If it got saturated, this could be the culprit.

Also, there are several Drains for the Car and the AC Unit. Over time, these can become clogged with debris and might not allow rain water to fully drain from the Car, check these - also the Door Drains. Clean them with a piece of wire (bent Coat Hanger will work). Hope this helps...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
Hi Mn

i don't think water retention in the doors etc.. can be the problem it just seems too much water to deal with for condensation and the water in the door would be at the bottom of it with no heat/cold connection (i don't know if that makes sense to you)
i think it is a different problem, as for the filter i know mine was changed but it was still happening after. and at the time i had no AC unit in my 97

but a thing that happened was a leak behind the seat (driver in my case) that came in running down along the Canvas/Belt system area, i had quite a wet carpet under my seat and i read in a different thread that someone had problem with the electronic box under the seat and water mixing, maybe check the carpet area behind your seats too!
are they be problem with leaks in the boxsters that people heard of before?
the plastic foam/sealant near the belt tensioner had moved and let the water in the cabin and had to be amended and resealed

thanks anyway for your comment it made me thinking!