Thread: Wheel spacers
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 05:43 AM   #19
Johnny Danger

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmw View Post
I found this image on the website, it looks to me like the fingers ,or whatever you call them, that make the spacer hub-centric, match and lock the spacer into place with the hub not allowing it to spin.

Is it really possible for the spacer to spin under load even with the wheel torqued down properly. The wheel is mounted using the studs which go to the hub so the wheel cant really spin under load if correct lugs are used correct? doesn't that mean that the spacer would not be able to or have no reason to spin? there is no torsional load being applied to the spacer other than what the wheel is putting on the spacer, so any spinning that would happen would happen regardless if the spacer were there on not?

The reason I am asking is I am looking at these for my track 986, and there are a lot of crappy wheel spacers out there and it seems everyone has different views on the subject.

I would much rather utilize a spacer that was both bolt centric and hub centric, than one that relied on "fingers" alone. Your choice.