Thread: Wheel spacers
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 03:43 AM   #14
lmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danger View Post
The spacers should be machined in a way that the bolt openings match with Porsche's 130x5 specification. This ensures that the spacer and wheel cannot move under force. In addition, it's ideal to have the spacer mount securely to the hub. That way, instead of the spacer spinning while you're trying to line up the bolt openings of the wheels with those of the hub, it stays in place.

I found this image on the website, it looks to me like the fingers ,or whatever you call them, that make the spacer hub-centric, match and lock the spacer into place with the hub not allowing it to spin.

Is it really possible for the spacer to spin under load even with the wheel torqued down properly. The wheel is mounted using the studs which go to the hub so the wheel cant really spin under load if correct lugs are used correct? doesn't that mean that the spacer would not be able to or have no reason to spin? there is no torsional load being applied to the spacer other than what the wheel is putting on the spacer, so any spinning that would happen would happen regardless if the spacer were there on not?

The reason I am asking is I am looking at these for my track 986, and there are a lot of crappy wheel spacers out there and it seems everyone has different views on the subject.

lmw is offline   Reply With Quote