View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 05:59 PM   #56
coreseller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFP in PA View Post
The entire PDK vs. MANual gearboxes smacks of the same overly romanticized nonsense that took place when Porsche went from air cooled to water cooled engine. I still remember a customer telling me that his 993 was going to be "His last real Porsche"; yet he has happily had three water cooled cars since then. Technology changes; if you don't like what you see, wait about 5 min.; it will be completely different.............
Not to change course from the original topic too far, but on your 993 comment I wanted to ask a question;

I will admit I've drank the air cooled Kool Aid and am still in the Honey Moon phase having only switch less than two years ago. Since switching I spend my online P-Car website surfing primarily on the air cooled boards and sometimes roll my eyes at the amount of self stroking that goes on (like every model / series specific sub forum), BUT, My Question:

Why do so many guys go from air cooled cars to 996 / 997 and then sell them to get back into a 993 or 964? I don't spend much time on these forums compared to many yet I've frequently witnessed guys posting something along those lines, it frankly surprises me.
coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote