View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 01:36 PM   #1
Glasgow 911SC

Can't Lock The Boxster

I've got a bit of an oddball issue..... I can't lock my Boxster!

For a bit of background, a few months ago I had to replace my drivers side door latch mechanism. This solved a previous issue where my doors wouldn't unlock. Now I have the complete opposite problem.

Last week I removed my hardtop to carry outs some engine bay work. I went 'topless' for the last week. At the same time, My alarm fob started acting weird. The button that usually locks / unlocks the doors stop doing anything and the button that usually opened the boot, started unlocking the doors - coincidence that it started when switching to soft-top?!

The remote was always pretty week, so I replaced the battery. This increased the range of the remote but I still had the weird button thing happening.

I put the hardtop back on today. Now my remote does nowt.... doesn't lock with either button. I can't even lock it with the key! When I put it (or the spare key) in the lock and turn as if to unlock, it turns the interior light on (so something must be sensing the key) but the door does't attempt to lock or unlock.

I've tried the reconfigure thing where you press the alarm button whilst unlocking the door with the key - no joy. I've tried reversing the polarity of the key battery (suggested on various forums) but again nothing.

The interior central locking button works and locks the doors. Durametric reads no faults and I can trigger the door locks, boot release etc via it.

Has anyone any ideas? As it stands, my car is sitting out on the street unlocked
Glasgow 911SC is offline   Reply With Quote