View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 08:48 PM   #35
AKnowles

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadrach74 View Post
That is your opinion, and from a technical standpoint false. The range and scope of autotrans on the road today is large; they are far from the "all the same"...
Yes, it is my opinion. And I'll still stick withthe same commentary. No left pedal and it's an automatic. All the same as far as I am concerned. They have no value to me. And I have no desire to own one in a sports can. Ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadrach74 View Post
As far as your mention of sport bikes, PDK is the closest thing to sport bike shifting a car will ever see... I used to speed shift my KZ900 all the time with out engaging the clutch.
Another good way to beat up on the internals. You can do it, but I doubt if anyone would agree it is a good idea for a longe term practice. But what you do with your vechiles is your business. I would not treat a fine motorcycle like my last few BMW's that way.

If I were racing and had the financing and tech team to go with a teardown and repalcement after each race then sure. It's all about the win. But for my personal vehicles and equipment, I treat them better than that.

I will not be purchasing a new(er) model Porsche with an automatic. It's a preferance. As I stated, if it is an automatic, there just is no interaction and fun for me to be behind the wheel. It's just transportation. I can buy that from anyone.