View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 01:58 PM   #26
Porsche Chick

This again?

Hey, don't Formula 1 cars use a transmission very similar to PDK? Somebody decode this for me and tell me if it's similar (sounds like it to me):

Formula One cars use semi-automatic sequential gearboxes, with regulations stating that 7 forward gears and 1 reverse gear must be used, with rear-wheel drive.The gearbox is constructed of carbon titanium, as heat dissipation is a critical issue, and is bolted onto the back of the engine Full automatic gearboxes, and systems such as launch control and traction control, are illegal, to keep driver skill important in controlling the car.The driver initiates gear changes using paddles mounted on the back of the steering wheel and electro-hydraulics perform the actual change as well as throttle control. Clutch control is also performed electro-hydraulically, except to and from a standstill, when the driver operates the clutch using a lever mounted on the back of the steering wheel.