View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 11:56 AM   #22
WhipE350
Autobahn Glanz

Garage
In the Charlotte area it is about 50/50 on what is available. I just bought a 981 this past Wed with PDK. I have left hip issues and pushing a clutch is painful if I drive a lot. It kind of left me no choice if I wanted to enjoy a Porsche.

I have driven a 991 'S' with PDK a lot and with the bigger engine it is more fun, the low end torque simply helps PDK perform better. The funny thing is on both my 981 and the 991 the whole start in second gear can be scary because if you realize you need to get up and go there is a big delay unless you get used to pushing the throttle to exactly the right place. If you stomp on it then the rpms race up really high and on the Boxster that means you are screaming for no reason, on the 991 'S' it's only a moderate screem .

PDK runs my Boxster in very low rpm all the time during normal driving, the gas mileage it can put out is unbelievable. On the way back from the deal in Hickory it is few stop lights and a lot of highway. I was up at 36mpg, the last 10 miles I put the top down and well that drops the gas mileage a lot.
WhipE350 is offline   Reply With Quote