View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 06:54 AM   #8
leknus

Hard top hoist

I would like some help in uploading pictures. There is no Album & pictures option in the User Control Panel as the FAQ says. How do I do it?

I tried to upload a picture of mine in the "up" position, about where the top would be when lifted. Big foam pads engage the plastic surround above the windows and there is no contact between the hard points on the lift and the rubber window seals. (a good reason to avoid those commercial pipe type lifts.) The grey straps go from inside on the yoke, under the rear window and back to the copper pipe. This prevents the rear biased load from tipping backward out of the yoke. The yellow rope is for leveling the top after it's at full height.

I have less than $100 in this hoist including the winch. If you're not inclined to DIY, a clever woodworker could make the yoke (I have the detailed design) and a handyman could install the suspension.

Credit for this idea came from a person on Rennlist several years ago, but I have modified it a lot from 911 to Boxter.
leknus is offline   Reply With Quote