View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 07:57 AM   #9
Perfectlap

After 80+K miles I kept putting it off even as recently as missing an appointment to bring it just last week.
Well I guess you know what I'm goint to tell you happened jus this past Sunday night.
A strange new sound started up. I was about 15 minutes from home albeit on the highway. The sound is gettting more noticebable. To the point that I pull over and check the coolant level. Yep only half full. Oh boy. Get in and try to make to at least my Indy's repair shop another 10 minutes away...nope. Lets go five minutes later on the highway and the dash light starts blinking. Flat bed $120 (+$40 tip for the ride to my house). Then a series of unintended brainfade ensues where I forget to remove my house key from the key chain before putting the key in the shop's drop box and of course forgetting my phone in the car. No car, no phone no house keys... $160 for locksmith and $40 for the pre-paid phone I had to buy at the supermarket.

At any rate Flat6 have posted that it is in your best interest to be proactive about the watermpump and replacing it every 40K miles. The factory I belive, if not mistaken, recommend no more than 60K miles on the original water pump. Either way there's no point in waiting until it goes on the highway. I would suggest replacing it when you change the coolant tank, a known weak spot on this car that also went on my car.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 03-20-2013 at 08:01 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote