View Single Post
Old 12-31-2005, 06:10 AM   #5
rteichman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmussatti
rteichman, good luck on your future new purchase! My only advice is make sure you wear a helmet when you ride your motorcycle!
I always do !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucelee
Do not buy any car over the Internet without inspecting it yourself.

Have the car inspected PRIOR to purchase by a Porsche dealer. A full inspection will cost about $200 and run from the bottom of the tires to the top of the convt top.
While it is an "Internet Dealer" they are not far from my house, and I did drive down there, look the car over, and took it for a nice test drive. I sould never by a car without checking it out myself and can't understand how anyone would.

Do all Porsche dealers offer this service? There is one about 10 miles away from the used car dealer, and I can have it taken there. I travel for work, and thus am never around during the week. Can I safely arrange for the seller to take the car to the dealer and then get the report from the dealer? I would obviously ask the dealer to check the VIN number so as to ensure he is looking at the car I am buying. Also, I think this used car dealer has a close relationship with the local Porsche dealer. Will the dealer give me an honest appraisal?
rteichman is offline   Reply With Quote