View Single Post
Old 12-31-2005, 06:01 AM   #4
AUDIOGUY

Excellent advice as usual Bruce. I would just caution our new friend rteichman
not to be too super sensitive to minor cosmetic paint and bodywork. As long as it is done properly, there shouldn't be any issues. He is looking at a 99 car. Not old by any means, but been around for a few years. I will qualify this by saying that I run a large collision facility in NJ. Definately suggest the mechanical inspect as he is getting a 43k mile car.

I purchased my car from Brandywine Porsche near him and would strongly recommend those guys. Excellent dealership. Great parts department and guys that really love and appreciate the Boxster. The same day I purchased my car, a gentileman was there trading in a Bently buying a Cayenne Turbo and a Carrera GT. I felt like I was treated as well as he... even though I spent about 1/10 th what he did.

I am sure Brandywine's service department would be happy to inspect the car.. for a nominal fee. If you are truely set on having the body inspected, there is a premier collision facility in King of Prussia called Karosserie that people from all over the country come to for repairs. The owners name is Dick Von Medicus and they may be able to inspect the car for any type of bad prior repairs.

Well, best of luck on your purchase!
AUDIOGUY is offline   Reply With Quote