View Single Post
Old 12-31-2005, 04:40 AM   #1
rteichman

PrePurchase Questions

As I am sure these questions have been asked before if people could just provide location pointers or key words for searches, I would be very appreciative (of course don't let that stop from anyone actually answering the questions )

I hope to realize a dream of mine to own a Porsche. I live in eastern PA and found a nice red/black 99 Boxster in the Doylestown area with 43,000 miles on it. If I buy it, I would replace my 92 Miata with it and use the car for weekend pleasure driving only. My questions are as follows:

1) Does anyone know someone I can call to go and mechanically inspect the car? I would never know what to look for. I found some internet based companies that do this, but they just test drive, inspect the outside/inside. All things that I have already done. What I need is for someone to look at the engine, drivetrain, frame.

2) What are the "gotchas" on this car. I heard about the top cable, but was that for 99 cars?

3) I will be paying 20K for this car. Is that a fair price? Its an internet type dealer that sells highline, used, German, cars (MB, BMW, Porsche, Audi). You should see their inventory!!!

4) In your opinion, what will this car be worth 4 years from now with an extra 20,000 miles on it. I ask this since I'm curious as to what the expected depreciation is. I don't expect to sell it, however I want to have an idea about what I can get out of the car should my financial circumstances change and I need the cash back. What can I say? I am a very risk averse person (who rides a motorcycle ), and wants to make sure if things goe south with my job I can get cash back out of the car.

5) Antyhing else I should be asking?

Thanks
Rob
rteichman is offline   Reply With Quote