View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 03:43 PM   #6
V-Rod
Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danger View Post
What shop ? And, specifically what parts and equipment ?
Eurotech Advanced Automotive - HERE

I talked to Bill today, he mentioned it would include 4 RoW Springs, 4 Bilstein Shocks, 4 Upper Strut/Shock Bearings, Some Upper Ball Fitting (UN-sure what that is) and an Alignment. He did not mention sway bars (which I thought was strange).

After seeing the cost of the PSS9's could he be using a higher end shock than the ones that come in the RoW kit? The RoW kit for a little over 1K seems weirdly low in cost as when you start putting those pieces together in your own kit. I question the quality of those parts.

I do not want to touch this suspension again for many years as I only plan on putting 6k to 10k per year. I will probably upgrade before any of these parts need replacing.

I am thinking that I want this suspension to feel better than brand new. It does not need to be track adjustable but I do want it lowered slightly and feel more like a go-kart which it does not feel like now.

What about upper and lower control arm bushings? What set of links other than sway bar links are there? Should I do a full set of wheel bearings while we are in there? I do not want to be in there fixing something in 6-12 months that could have been tackled now for the cost of parts alone (like getting free labor). What about rear trailing arms? Does my car have these? Do they wear? Is this also the time to do rear CV boots?

BTW, For those that remember my posting from December when I purchased this car without my wife's approval. My wife has warmed up to my buying this car and it is the last time I will ever pull something like that again. So those of you that gave me some harsh words, I accept your criticism and admire your sense of values.
2008 Land Rover LR3 Alaska White/Alpaca
2012 Honda Odyssey Touring Dk Grey/Lt Grey

Last edited by V-Rod; 03-16-2013 at 03:51 PM.
V-Rod is offline   Reply With Quote