View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 01:18 PM   #19
Perfectlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen wilson View Post
That's exactly the point, why would you buy all-season tires if you don't drive in all seasons. You just get a compromise under all conditions.
succintly put.

I was having a similar discussion about tires recently with a friend who does a truckload of tweaking and modifying on his VW. He runs on all season tires despite having an SUV. He's always eager to have me try out his latest modificaton on a quick test run. Every time I do so, I want to tell him he's leaving all the money on the table with all season tires. Steering wheel feels like a block of wood and in the turns the car feels like its on skinny 1977 VW Bug wheels.

Others will say things like "sure those are the same tires you find a Ferrari but this only a Boxster" Which is completely backwards in my opinion. Whenever a newer Ferrari goes in for service with more than 30K miles the mechanics come out to gawk at the car surprised to see such a rarity. Waste of tires. Those cars are too fragile to use as primary or secondary cars unlike a 986which gets full use of quality rubber.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 03-15-2013 at 01:21 PM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote