View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 05:33 AM   #7
Homeboy981
Homeboy981

Garage
30 minutes on the phone and NO JOY! NO ONE WITH KNOWLEDGE on parts sold! A direct quote form the rep was, "There is no one here that has installation knowledge." Meanwhile, my bearing was thawing in the bore.

JUST THE FACTS, guys. I am not trying to slam LNE either…they were SUPPOSED to be my savior. Turns out, not, so far.

Do with the information what you will. You can ignore it - just like the IMS issues. Will it be a problem for you? Dunno.

My car is still jacked up either way! I have better than average mechanical abilities - so maybe this serves as a warning to others who are NOT as inclined.

BTW, the instructions ARE NOT CORRECT! Is should specificity that the bearing MUST BE in DIRECT CONTACT WITH INSTALLATION TOOL - not just "finger tight". Maybe there was a burr on the threading. It was NOT cross threaded. And apparently went most of way on there. Maybe LNE can modify the instructions to eliminate future problems now. Still, it does not put my car back together!

These problems are some things I wish I had know prior to installation!

Worse than the $650 down the tubes is the car is most likely junk now. Has anyone pulled an LNE ceramic bearing out? The thread sizes DO NOT FIT the current extraction tool either. Ask me how I know.