View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 09:42 PM   #3
pecto3

I agree, its a little off topic but i need to post a reply for this. i think its a great deal though. however, for years, i've been a big fan of bose. i thought they have the cleanest sound of them all, but then again, the more i get myself expose to other speaker systems, the more i learned that bose especially the acoustimass system is lacking a very important sound range. those small cubic speakers are too small to bring out midrange sound (cannot reproduce good snare drum sound) and too big to become a tweeter horn and cannot reproduce sound of maybe up to 20KHz. the bose subwoofer cannot fill the midrange sound and cannot reproduce low rumbling sound. BTW, this are all subjective observations, however, have you guys noticed that bose manual dont print their technical specification datas???

I installed acoustimass 10 at my brothers home, i was quite happy about the sound, clean and decent, but need to add another subwoofer for that very much needed oomph!

i actually learned this stuff from HT forums. so i made a research and i came across with the brand name of speakers called wharfedale. these systems received rave reviews for their quality and build. so right now, im using wharfedale all around, bought the cheapest receiver that has THX select capability and the difference from my brother's set up was outstanding. He spent tons of money with his AV system and i spent maybe like a third of his'. im using a projector btw with 110 inch screen. i think that is my best investment ever 2nd to the boxster LOL!!!

the only advantage i see using bose system is its size, my wharfedale's have the size of regular speaker box. it uses tons of space for a small home that i have but what the heck! anyway...just my 2 cents.
pecto3 is offline   Reply With Quote