View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 05:50 AM   #5
Homeboy981
Homeboy981

Garage
FYI, I am the holdup. Here is where I am at with it….

I should be done with the kit soon. I am told the car goes back together pretty quick! You would never know it from all the parts in my garage!

@Meir is just a NICE GUY and let me use the tools (although I DID opt to DONATE to the "Meir Tool Fund" he-he) but I ran into a delay. If it is O.K. with him I can send the kit directly to you when complete. Order the parts and by the time they arrive you should have the kit on the way.

This "kit" contains ALL THE TOOLS NEEDED for IMS/RMS work and then some! Plus, it came in a camera case - so good it looks like something JD would carry!

Here is a shot of ALL the tools:

…and the case:

I will find a Texas sticker and slap it on before I send it on. May be we could start a thing and YOU can place a sticker on there when yours is done too. Is that O.K. with you Meir?

By the time it gets back the case will have logged more miles than our Boxsters!

All this is provided @Meir gives me the O.K. - I would not want to upset a generous man! He is REALY COOL to have let me use the tools - they saved me a BUNDLE on IMS installation costs! Plus, I have a larger steel bar used to lock down the flywheel, I will see if I can include that too. This was the ONLY PART not in there - cause it didn't fit! Ask him what that tool is on the far left (next to the clutch alignment tool).

I'll bet there are others who would LOVE to use it too. But, at the end of the day, they ARE @Meir's tools - you MUST CLEAR IT WITH HIM. I am just a lucky beneficiary of his kindness.

Even though he has been generous….I'm sure a DONATION would be in order and ACCEPTED! Considering the cost and care he has taken EXPECTED may be a better word. Although @Meir is too nice to ask!