View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 02:04 PM   #10
recycledsixtie
recycledsixtie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarlechS View Post
I'm from Birmingham but I'm going to see a 986 near london over the weekend hopefully, he's going to get back to me later on tomorrow. the other one that i'm seeing tomorrow is based just down the road about 15-20 miles, i think near redditch.

the one in redditch is a trader, the other one is a private seller, i'd hate to annoy a private seller coming in with a cheeky offer? would knocking 1k off a car be acceptable?

thanks for your advice buddy, very much appreciated.
First off there is nothing cheeky about a low offer. You will likely get a better deal from a private person. I offered below asking price on mine and then had a PPI done. Some work was needed according to PPI and asked for another $1k off. My offer was accepted. I don't think anybody else was looking at it. It is easier dealing with a private person because he/she does not do that every day. The dealer does. Get receipts for work done. Dealer is not so good about supplying that info. All the $$$/pounds u save then goes into the Porsche piggy bank. You likely will need that for repairs. Pay now or pay later!PPI is a must. If too much work required walk away or be prepared to pay to get it fixed or fix it yourself.Bargain hard!|Enjoy the ride.....
recycledsixtie is offline   Reply With Quote