View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 03:30 AM   #1
Sunflower1975914

Question Key won't go in!

Good morning,

I had a strange thing happen last night to my 00 Box. The key wouldn't go into the ignition. I thought the steering column was locked and adjusted that.... but it seems like something is stuck and won't allow me to put the key in. After I called for roadside service, I tried to put a smaller key in there just to see if something was stuck in there. Finally I was able to get my key to turn, but it seems like it's not making contact with the electrical system. I kind of jiggled the key around in the ignition switch so that I could get the lights to come on all the way - when I first put the key in and turned it on (which it turned over just fine) the lights were very dim until I shook the key around in the switch. Once I did that, the car was fine and I had no problems getting it home. I had a little trouble getting the key OUT of the ignition and getting the radio/etc to go off when I shut the door. Once the car is on, it's great and runs perfectly. Not sure if I have a loose connection or a bad solenoid..... anyone ever have this happen? I'm getting ready to sell my Box this weekend to a gentleman coming from out of town, and I'd love to be able to have it in perfect condition for him...... I've never had the first problem and this car has been extremely reliable and fun! Any thoughts? Thanks!!!!!!
Sunflower1975914 is offline   Reply With Quote